German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD):
The DAAD is the world’s largest funding organisation for the international exchange of students and researchers.
International university teachers and researchers can conduct a short-term research stay at a state-run or state-recognised university or non-university research institute in Germany.
Who can apply?
International junior and senior researchers who
- should generally hold a doctorate
- work in a higher education institution or a research institute in their home country
- have good academic achievement and recent publications
- have a convincing and well-planned research project that must be coordinated with an academic host institute in Germany
- Applicants require a written acknowledgement from the host confirming the availability of a work position.
- For country-specific information please check the programme website (see link below).
Type and extent of funding
Fellowship of 2,000 to 2,150 euros per month, depending on academic status, generally including a travel allowance.
1 to 3 months.
Applications must be submitted online through the DAAD portal. You can access the application portal through the scholarship database. Some documents need to be sent separately by post. The application details vary from country to country. For country-specific information on addresses and deadlines please check the programme website.