Funding of first-time professorial appointments of excellent women scientists
This programme supports women seeking their first appointment to a W2- or W3-level professorship in cooperation with a partner university. It is aimed at rising stars from both Germany and abroad.
Who can apply?
- who demonstrate outstanding scientific performance and are about to become a scientific leader in their field
- who will be appointed for the first time to the W2 or W3 professorship level from a junior professorship, Young Investigator Group leadership position or other post-doctoral position (current position should correspond to the level R3 – Established Researcher of the European Commission’s research profile descriptors)
- who are currently in a fixed-term, Helmholtz-external professorship and are to be recruited to a permanent position at Helmholtz
- with outstanding qualifications, documented by such accomplishments as an ERC Starting Grant or comparable funding
- whose research profile complements that of the respective Helmholtz Center and the research programme
Type and extent of funding
Funding amounts to 200,000 euros per scientist and year. It can be used to finance the position of the woman scientist, the members of her research group and relevant equipment. The Helmholtz Center and partner university are expected to provide substantial additional financial resources.
Funding will be provided for permanent appointments.
Candidates must apply directly to the respective Helmholtz Center. You will ﬁnd details of the application procedure, the application forms and the deadline on the calls-for-application website.
The Helmholtz Association is the largest German research organisation. It offers several opportunities for young researchers.