Heisenberg Programme - Fellowship/Professorship
German Research Foundation (DFG):
The DFG supports research in higher education and public research institutions.
Excellent researchers can prepare for a leading position in science and research and spend time working on an advanced research topic.
Who can apply?
Senior scientists who
- qualify for a professorship by holding a postdoctoral habilitation degree or equivalent qualification
- have proven themselves by carrying out particularly outstanding research
- are expected to have the potential to gain further qualifications as university teachers
- The research project must be of high academic quality and originality and meet international standards.
- Applicants for a Heisenberg professorship must find a German university that intends to establish a new professorship and agrees to continue funding of the position after DFG funding expires. Proposals require a statement from the prospective host institution.
Type and extent of funding
Fellowship of 4,450 euros per month, or work contract for professorship with a salary based on the pay scale for professors (depending on the German state, university and the fellow’s status).
Maximum of 5 years.
Applications can be submitted to the DFG at any time. There is a special online application portal for this purpose. You will find information about the application procedure on the programme website.
DFG Heisenberg Programme: www.dfg.de > Heisenberg Programme
Information about the application procedure and how to access the application portal: www.dfg.de > Proposal - Review - Decision