Philipp Schwartz Initiative
The Philipp Schwartz Initiative enables universities and research institutions in Germany to host researchers at risk on the basis of a full fellowship.
Who can apply?
Support is available for researchers who are demonstrably at risk – irrespective of discipline and country of origin – and
- have completed a PhD or comparable academic degree
- are not yet or have not been resident outside their own country for more than five years at the time of application;
- have the language skills required to successfully conduct their research project
- can provide proof of their academic qualifications in the form of relevant publications and
- have the potential to be integrated into the (academic) employment market
Type and extent of funding
Fellowship of 3,500 euros per month.
24 months, with the possibility of extension by 12 months.
Only academic institutions in Germany are entitled to apply. Researchers interested in the programme should contact eligible host institutions in Germany. Further information on the programme website (see link below).
Funding programmes of the Humboldt Foundation
Here you will find a list of the funding programmes of the Humboldt Foundation.