The programme supports research stays by researchers and scholars within the framework of bilateral exchange agreements between Germany and partner countries.
Who can apply?
International researchers who
- have usually completed a doctoral degree
- work at a university or research institute in their home country
- have good academic achievements and, if applicable, publications, which must be documented in the CV and a list of publications
- have a convincing and well-planned research project
- The dates and purpose of the stay must be agreed in advance with the academic host institute in Germany. Applicants require a written acknowledgment from the host confirming the academic cooperation and the availability of a work place.
- Funding is only available when German researchers also apply for a research fellowship at the same time.
- The costs of the outward and return journey are borne by the respective sending country.
- The programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. For country-specific information please check the programme website (see link below).
Type and extent of funding
Fellowship of 2,000 to 2,150 euros per month, depending on academic status.
2 weeks to 3 months.
Applications must be submitted online through the DAAD portal. You can access the application portal through the scholarship database. The application details vary from country to country. For specific information please check the programme website (see link below).