Junior and senior researchers from abroad in all disciplines can carry out their own long-term research project in collaboration with an academic host of their choice at a research institution in Germany.
Who can apply?
- do not live and work in Germany
- have a doctorate or a comparable academic qualification completed fewer than 4 years (postdocs) or 12 years (experienced researchers) previously
- academic publications that were peer-reviewed according to international standards (postdocs) or
- already have their own research profile documented by a comprehensive list of academic publications that have been peer-reviewed according to international standards (experienced researchers)
- have several years of independent research experience (experienced researchers)
- have a good knowledge of German or English
Applicants must present a confirmation that research facilities are available, as well as a mentoring agreement and a detailed expert’s statement by an academic host at a research institution in Germany.
Type and extent of funding
Fellowship of 2,650 euros per month (postdocs) or 3,150 euros per month (experienced researchers) plus language course, travel expenses, family allowances, extensive alumni sponsorship and allowance for research costs (for the host institution).
6 to 24 months (postdocs) resp. 6 to 18 months (experienced researchers), the fellowship for experienced researchers can be divided up into a maximum of 3 blocks within 3 years.
Applications can be submitted online at any time. You can access the online application form on the programme website (see link below).