Senior researchers in all disciplines can carry out a research project in Germany in cooperation with an academic host of their choice in Germany. The research project must deal with issues of major relevance to the future development of the candidate’s country or region of origin.
Who can apply?
Senior researchers with
- citizenship of as well as principal place of residence and work in a developing country, emerging economy or transition state (excluding the People’s Republic of China and India)
- excellent qualifications and a doctorate or a comparable academic degree completed less than 12 years ago
- their own, clearly defined research profile documented by a comprehensive list of academic publications that have been peer-reviewed according to international standards
- several years of independent research experience
- a good knowledge of German or English
Applicants must present a confirmation that research facilities are available, as well as a mentoring agreement and a detailed expert’s statement by an academic host at a research institution in Germany.
Type and extent of funding
Fellowship of 3,170 euros per month plus language course, travel expenses, family allowance, extensive alumni sponsorship and allowance for research costs (for the host institution).
6 to 18 months; the fellowship can be divided up into a maximum of 3 stays.
Applications can be submitted online at any time. You can access the online application form on the programme website (see link below).