“Fraunhofer Attract” gives researchers the chance to head their own research group, taking responsibility for budgets and personnel. Through its funding programme, the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft supports external researchers wishing to work closely with industry with a view to turning their findings into practical applications. Fraunhofer currently runs 76 institutes and research institutions in Germany.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- outstanding scientists in the postdoc phase and application-oriented researchers from industry and business
- a project idea that shows a high degree of innovation and very good utilisation potential and that would be an excellent match with the strategy of a Fraunhofer institute
- joint application with the head of a Fraunhofer institute
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- a research budget of 2.5 million euros over a period of five years
- outstanding working conditions in fully-equipped Fraunhofer laboratories
- the chance to set up and run a new research group at a Fraunhofer institute
When is the closing date for applications?
There are two closing dates for applications in 2023: 8 March (project start 1 June 2023) and 18 September (project start 1 January 2024).
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.fraunhofer.de > Research grant Fraunhofer Attract
Are you aiming for a PhD or postdoc position? Here you will find information on your research career in Germany.