19th Annual GAIN Conference
- 24 Aug 2019 - 24 Aug 2019
- German Academic Exchange Service
- San Francisco, USA
Join us at the 19th Annual GAIN Conference in San Francisco, the largest German science and research career fair outside of Europe and take the unique opportunity to talk to more than 70 German universities, research institutions, and funding agencies about their programs and job offers!
Please note: The participation is free of charge, but requires you to complete the online registration form (see link below).
The second day (Saturday, August 24th) of the three-day conference is open to international doctoral and postdoctoral students, as well as assistant professors seeking information on transatlantic careers and collaborations. Additionally, Masters Students who are interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in Germany are also welcome.
Date: August 24, 2019
Venue: The Westin St. Francis, 335 Powell St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
- 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Schedule one-on-one meetings with representatives from German universities and funding agencies. Please schedule in advance here: https://gain19.converve.io/
- 2:00 pm – 3:15 pm: “Research in Germany” Workshop – Application and Funding
- Speakers: ► Benedikt Brisch, Director North America, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)► Dr. Rainer Gruhlich, Director North America, German Research Foundation (DFG); ► Cathleen Fisher, PhD, President, American Friends of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AFoAvH) (Stand: 6/17/19)
- 3:15 pm – 5:15 pm: Talent Fair
- 5:15 pm - 6:45 pm: Start-up Pitch - Pitching for the GAIN Award 2019: One week of mentoring and coaching on a German campus.
A list of the participating institutions will be available soon on the website of the German Academic International Network (GAIN): GAIN Annual Conference 2019
If you’re interested in joining us, please take a minute to register as "international attendee" by completing the online registration form at: Registration international attendees GAIN 2019