"Research in Germany" at the 18th Annual GAIN Conference
- 08 Sep 2018 - 08 Sep 2018
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Boston Marriott Copley, 110 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02216 (USA)
Join us at the 18th Annual GAIN Conference in Boston, the largest German science and research career fair outside of Europe and take the unique opportunity to talk to more than 70 German universities, research institutions, and funding agencies about their programs and job offers!
The event is free of charge and all disciplines are welcome!
The second day (Saturday, September 8th) of the three-day conference is open to international doctoral and postdoctoral students, as well as assistant professors seeking information on transatlantic careers and collaborations. Additionally, Masters Students who are interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in Germany are also welcome.
Date: September 8, 2018
Venue: Boston Marriott Copley, 110 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02216
- 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm: One-on-one consultations with German university representatives (The appointments for the one-on-one consultations have to be scheduled prior to the event here: Registration international attendees GAIN 2018 )
- 2:00 pm – 3:15 pm: “Research in Germany” Workshop - Opportunities for Postdocs, Young Investigators, and Junior Faculty in Germany ►►►Speakers: Dr. Nina Lemmens, Director North America, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD); ►Dr. Rainer Gruhlich, Director North America, German Research Foundation (DFG); ►Dr. Judith Wellen, Head of Strategy Department and External Relations, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation; ►Dr. Herbert Grieshop, Head of International Department, Free University Berlin; ►Christine Krämer, Exchange Programs Coordinator, University of Konstanz
- 3:15 pm – 4:30 pm: Talent Fair
- 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm: Keynote Speaker: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Sami Haddadin, Technical University of Munich (TUM)
- 5:45 pm - 6:45 pm: Start-up Pitch - Pitching for the GAIN Award 2018: One week of mentoring and coaching on a German campus.
Please note: The participation is free of charge, but requires you to complete the online registration form (see link below).
A list of the participating institutions can be found on the website of the German Academic International Network (GAIN):
If you’re interested in joining us, please take a minute to register as "international attendee" by completing the online registration form at: Registration international attendees GAIN 2018
For more information, please contact:
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)