"Research in Germany" at the Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- 15 Apr 2018 - 18 Apr 2018
- German Research Foundation
- Chicago, USA
This year´s AACR Annual Meeting 2018 will take place in Chicago, Illinois, USA. At the conference, members of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Research Foundation (DFG), the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (Fraunhofer ITEM), the University of Freiburg and the University Freiburg Medical Centre as well as the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Urologie e.V. (German Association for Urology) will appear jointly at the “Research in Germany” booth in the exhibition hall.
Accompanied by these outstanding German research institutions in the field of cancer research, the representatives at the “Research in Germany” booth will inform and consult with visitors of the AACR Annual Meeting regarding research and career opportunities in Germany as well as options for collaboration.
Visit us at the following information and networking events at the „AACR Annual Meeting 2018“:
- Information booth, April 15 – 18, 2018, during exhibition hours (McCormick Place North/South, Booth #3706, exhibition floor)
Meet representatives of central research funding and research institutions to discuss possible research and funding options in Germany as well as opportunities for international collaboration.
Representatives of the following institutions will be available during exhibition hours:
- Funding institutions: DAAD and DFG
- Research Institutions:
Fraunhofer ITEM / Institute for Toxicology and Experimental Medicine (Hannover)
Collaborative Research Centers SFB 850 and SFB 992 at the University of Freiburg and the University Freiburg Medical Center
- German Association in the field of cancer research:
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Urologie e.V. (DGU)
- Sun, April 15: 1pm – 5pm
- Mon / Tue, April 16+17: 9am – 5pm
- Wed, April 18, 9am – 12pm
- Meet the Scientist, April 17, 2018, 12:15pm – 1:15pm (McCormick Place North/South, Booth #3706, exhibition floor)
Take this opportunity to speak directly with scientists from different German cancer research institutions and exchange experiences and thoughts on research and career opportunities in Germany over a light snack.
The following outstanding German researchers will be available to discuss individual questions:
- Prof. Dr. Claudia Scholl, German Cancer Research Center / Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum (DKFZ) Heidelberg
- Prof. Dr. med. Klaus Pantel, University Medical Center/Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Peters, University of Freiburg
- Prof. Dr. Manfred Jung, University of Freiburg
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Pichler, Eberhard Karls University Tübingen
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Roland Schüle, Freiburg University Medical Center / Universitätsklinikum Freiburg
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Trumpp, German Cancer Research Center / Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum (DKFZ) Heidelberg, HI-STEM gGmbH
More information will follow soon.
German Research Foundation
DFG Office North America/Washington
Tel:: +1 (202) 785-4206
German Research Foundation
DFG Head Office Bonn
Tel.: +49 (228) 885-2245