Doctoral scholarships from the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a German political foundation, inspired by Christian democratic values, committed to fostering democracy and the rule of law, to implementing social and market-economic structures and to promoting human rights in Europe and worldwide. After finishing their studies in Germany, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung expects its former scholars to contribute actively to the development of their home country’s relations with the Federal Republic of Germany.
In line with these principles, the foundation awards scholarships to international master students and graduates in order to enable study and research at universities in Germany. Its scholars currently come from 65 countries of the world. Their subjects are various: law, sciences, music as well as medicine, just to name a few.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- university degree
- above average academic performance
- good knowledge of the German language (B2 level)
- active engagement in voluntary work
- plan to study a minimum of four semesters at a university in Germany
- a broad general education and distinct interest in political issues
- a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights
- openness to develop their personal points of view and practice tolerance
- high motivation and ability to convince the foundation of their goals in life
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- monthly scholarship
- personal guidance and mentoring
- broad seminar programme
- access to the worldwide KAS network
- The standard funding periods are two years (master's) respectively three years (PhD).
When is the closing date for applications?
The next closing date for applications is 15 July 2022 and applications are now invited.
Terms and conditions of application
There are two ways to apply for the scholarship programme:
- Each year new focus countries or regions are determined for the application procedures. The information on these calls are provided through the KAS offices worldwide. If you are living in one of the listed countries, you may send your written application directly to the responsible KAS office: please check the website of the KAS office in your home country regularly. Students living in countries that are not listed cannot apply for the international selection procedure.
- In case you are already living or studying in Germany, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship via the domestic selection procedure via the KAS campus website (only in German). Please fill out the application form online and upload all required application documents.
The detailed terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.kas.de > Scholarship Program for International Students
Are you aiming for a PhD or postdoc position? Here you will find information on your research career in Germany.