EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowships from the European Molecular Biology Organisation
EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowships are offered by the European Molecular Biology Organisation (EMBO). An organisation of 1,900 leading researchers, it promotes excellence in the life sciences that stimulates the exchange of scientific information and helps build a research environment where scientists can achieve their best work. The EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowships support internationally mobile careers of postdocs.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- a PhD degree or equivalent in the field of life sciences at the start of the fellowship
- at least one first (or joint first) author primary research paper accepted for publication or published in an international peer reviewed journal, or a first author refereed preprint publicly available on a trusted independent preprint peer-review platform
- all applications must involve a change of country
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- a grant for the host institution to issue a salaried contract with the fellow, covering wage and social security payments as required by national and local laws and regulations
- travel and relocation allowance
- training in lab leadership and access to the extensive network of other EMBO Fellows
- support for incurred childcare costs
- duration: up to 24 months, minimum 12 months
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications are accepted throughout the year, with two cut-off dates: second Friday of February and second Friday of August. Applicants are required to check application guidelines for their personal deadline.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
Are you aiming for a PhD or postdoc position? Here you will find information on your research career in Germany.