Innovative research projects: the Hector Fellow Academy offers you the opportunity to realize a self-developed research project under supervision of one of the Hector Fellows. The Hector Fellows are a community of outstanding professors from different research institutions across Germany working in STEM subjects, medicine and psychology.
This year, the following Hector Fellows are available to supervise young scientists in the HFA PhD programme:
- Prof. Patrick Cramer, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen: chemistry and biology (molecular biology, structural biology, biochemistry, functional genomics, bioinformatics)
- Prof. Peter Gumbsch, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) / Fraunhofer Institute for Mechanics of Materials: engineering (mechanics of materials / physics of materials; physical modeling of materials, multiscale simulation, deformation of materials, damage and fracture, tribology)
- Prof. Axel Meyer, University of Konstanz, Chair of Zoology: biology (evolutionary biology; origin of genomics, developmental and morphological diversity and their evolutionary relationships)
- Prof. Brigitte Röder, University of Hamburg, Biological Psychology and Neuropsychology: psychology, medicine (psychology and cognitive neuroscience; neuroplasticity and learning, perception and multisensory)
- Prof. Jens Timmer, University of Freiburg, Freiburg Physics Institute: physics, mathematics, biology (systems biology)
More doctoral positions will be announced starting in late January and mid-February. Find out more here: www.hector-fellow-academy.de
Requirements for applicants include the following:
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
The closing date for applications is 31 March 2022.
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
Are you aiming for a PhD or postdoc position? Here you will find information on your research career in Germany and funding opportunities.