Short research stay

How can I find a short research stay?

If you would like to stay in Germany for just a few months in order to work on a certain topic, you have two options:

1. You can find short courses at German universities in the International Programmes Database.

Make sure to check 'Short Course'. You can either narrow down your search with the options 'Subject' and 'Field of Study' or just search for a keyword.
In the programme description you will find all relevant information, e.g. dates, course language and contact information for further details.

2. You can also try to contact a German professor directly and ask him or her if you can join his workgroup for a short stay. In that case you should have a research proposal ready that you could work on during your stay.

These two databases can help you find a supervisor:
- The 'Research Map' database, operated by the German Rectors' Conference (HRK) allows you to search the 'institutional research priorities' of German universities.

- The 'Research Explorer' is a database containing over 25,000 institutes at German universities and non-university research institutions.

For funding, please take a look at this short term grant here.