Are you socially engaged and have already been accepted for a PhD at a state-recognised university in Germany? Then apply for a doctoral scholarship from the Hans Böckler Foundation. The foundation supports engaged doctoral students from Germany and abroad who are doing a PhD on a subject that is relevant to social policy.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- a particular aptitude for academic work, as demonstrated by university and exam track record
- trade union or social engagement
- the PhD project should have social policy relevance
- applicants should not be older than 40 years
- applicants must have a permanent residence in Germany at the time of application
- German language skills at level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- combination of material and non-material support
- basic scholarship of 1,350 euros plus flat-rate research allowance of 100 euros per month
- if applicable, family allowance of 155 euros and up to 100 euros towards the costs of health insurance
- in addition, funding can for example be provided for language courses and research-related stays abroad
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications can be submitted until 11 November 2021.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.boeckler.de > Stipendium für Promovierende (only in German)