Are you a highly qualified postdoc? Can you imagine a future at a German university? Then apply for PRIME, the “Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience“! This programme gives you the chance to spend 12 months abroad, while employed by a German university. The special programme provides jobs, not scholarships. Funding is provided by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF); the programme is administered by the DAAD. Applications are invited from postdoctoral researchers of all nationalities and disciplines.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- PhD completed before the start of funding
- free choice of country for the research phase abroad, provided that in the previous three years the applicant did not spend a total of more than twelve months in that country
- invitations from host institutions in Germany and abroad
- declaration of intent to employ the candidate (by the German university) if funding is approved
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- total funding period of 18 months
- twelve months spent abroad
- six months spent in Germany
- basic salary and international allowance, plus travel subsidy for the researcher, spouse/partner and children
- invitation to attend an orientation seminar before programme begins
When is the closing date for applications?
The closing date for applications is 31 August 2021.
Funding begins on 1 June 2022.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: