You are an experienced PhD candidate or postdoctoral researcher in the field of artificial intelligence looking for a new experience? You want to connect with leading research groups and research institutions from Germany? The DAAD’s Postdoctoral Networking Tour in Artificial Intelligence is your opportunity to get a unique insight into the German AI research landscape. During the one-week virtual tour, you will connect directly to leading researchers. Additionally, you will also be supported for a customized on-site visit as soon as COVID-19 restrictions allow to do so. The virtual tour with a focus on Data Science and Artificial Intelligence will take place from 26 to 30 April 2021.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- very strong scientific track record with a focus on artificial intelligence and machine learning (preferably connected to the research areas of the tour’s host institutions)
- PhD/doctorate completed before the start of the tour but no longer than 5 years ago
- Candidates for a PhD/doctorate may also apply if they expect to finalise their work within one year after application, but high standards of quality will be applied in the selection process.
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- participation in a virtual tour programme and arrangement of one-on-one meetings
- participation in various information sessions and other activities before the virtual tour and as follow-ups
- financial and organisational support of tailored individual on-site-visits to relevant institutions in Germany
When is the closing date for applications?
The application deadline is 8 March 2021.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: