Have you successfully completed your PhD? Are you a postdoctoral researcher, assistant professor or the leader of a young research group? Are you ready to embark on the next step of your career? Do you need help with financing research assistants, technical equipment, research trips and conference attendance? Then apply to the Daimler and Benz Foundation for a postdoctoral scholarship. The scholarship programme is open to applicants of any nationality and from all disciplines.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- in the early phase of an academic career
- currently working on own research project
- research work conducted at a German academic institution
- recipient’s own living costs must be covered by other means
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- The scholarship is granted for a period of two years and amounts to 40,000 euros.
- The money can be used to finance research trips, conference attendance and the organisation of the recipient’s own conferences, temporary employment of research assistants, computers, laboratory equipment and special chemicals.
- The steadily growing network of scholarship holders brings young specialists together and allows an interdisciplinary exchange.
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications can be submitted from now until 1 October 2021.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: