"Fraunhofer Attract" gives researchers the chance to head their own research group, taking responsibility for budgets and personnel. Through its funding programme, the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft supports external researchers wishing to work closely with industry with a view to turning their findings into practical applications. Fraunhofer currently runs 74 institutes and research institutions in Germany.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- outstanding scientists in the postdoc phase and application-oriented researchers from industry and business
- a project idea that shows a high degree of innovation and very good utilisation potential and that would be an excellent match with the strategy of a Fraunhofer institute
- joint application with the head of a Fraunhofer institute
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- a research budget of 2.5 million euros over a period of five years
- outstanding working conditions in fully-equipped Fraunhofer laboratories
- the chance to set up and run a new research group at a Fraunhofer institute
When is the closing date for applications?
The closing date for applications for projects due to start in January 2022 is 15 September 2021.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: