You are a postdoctoral researcher in artificial intelligence, and you are interested in collaborating or pursuing a career with one of the top research groups in Germany? Participants in the one-week tour will have the opportunity to visit and connect with excellent German universities, research institutes and companies in a diverse and intensive programme with many opportunities for informal networking. This ensures close looks and deep insights into cutting edge research topics, opportunities for cooperation, and job perspectives. You can find this year’s programme here.
Who can apply?
Applicants should have:
- an outstanding scientific track record with a focus on artificial intelligence and machine learning
- obtained a PhD/doctorate no longer than 5 years ago and have not been living in Germany or affiliated with a German institution within the previous 12 months
- exhibited drive and determination, initiative and a willingness to play a role in shaping the future.
What form does funding take?
- coverage of all programme-related costs in Germany (accommodation, domestic travel, most meals)
- a lump sum travel allowance (for travel to Germany) if such costs are not covered by a third party. This will also be provided if the stay is extended by up to five working days in order to allow for additional professional networking.
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic travel restrictions might apply. If the participation of a successful candidate is prevented by persisting restrictions tied to the Covid-19 pandemic, acceptance and funding eligibility can be transferred to the subsequent tour.
When is the closing date for applications?
The application deadline for the November 2020 tour is Sunday, 16 August 2020.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: