Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- an outstanding doctoral degree that was completed no more than five years ago (child-raising and care periods are credited as two additional years)
- an innovative research idea that can help reach the Sustainable Development Goals
- the applicant is currently not based in Germany and has an excellent command of the English language
What form does funding take?
- Possibility to present your research idea to first-class researchers
- Successful candidates are invited for a stay of up to one week at a Leibniz Institute of their choice to explore the possibility of future cooperation
- The programme will also include a top keynote address, information about funding opportunities and a coaching session on how to prepare successful applications.
When is the closing date for applications?
The closing date for application is 23 February 2020.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: