Are you doing a PhD in the area of basic biomedical research and would like to pursue your ambitious, experimental project in an internationally leading laboratory? Then apply for a PhD fellowship of up to three and a half years from the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds. The application process is highly competitive, and the funding – both financial and non-material – is extensive.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- an ambitious scientific PhD project in the area of basic biomedical research
- outstanding achievements of the applicant as well as corresponding scientific quality of the PhD project and laboratory
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- monthly stipend
- additional funding for participation in international scientific conferences, practical courses, and laboratory cooperations
- family allowances
- personal support for fellows and alumni, tailor-made scientific seminars and communication trainings
- extensive and lively network of fellows and alumni
- maximum funding duration: three and a half years
When is the closing date for applications?
The deadlines for applications are 1 February, 1 June and 1 October each year.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: