Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- the PhD relates to one of the following disciplines: architecture, urban development, cultural heritage preservation and education, art and cultural science or the social sciences
- the research project is concerned with German post-war modernist buildings, ensembles or open space design – relating either to their creation, aesthetics and significance or to issues around their restoration
- the university degree required for a PhD must have been completed by the age of 30
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- a basic stipend of 1,400 euros per month is paid, as is an additional allowance of 150 euros to cover material costs plus a family allowance
- funding is provided for a period of two years and can be extended by twelve months upon application
- annual colloquia give scholarship holders the opportunity to present and discuss their research work
When is the closing date for applications?
The next closing date for applications is 1 May 2020.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
https://www.wuestenrot-stiftung.de > Promotionsstipendien (only in German)
Corona crisis related restrictions may apply. Please check with the individual funding organisation before taking action.