Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- postdoctoral researchers in all subjects, especially assistant professors or academics in a comparable position such as independent leaders of young research groups, are eligible to apply
- applicants must be connected to an academic institution in Germany
- applicants must be working on their own research project
- applicants must be in the early phase of their postdoctoral work.
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- annual grant of 20,000 euros to finance research assistants, technical equipment, research trips and conference attendance
- duration: two years
- scholarship holders meet regularly to exchange ideas and opinions
When is the closing date for applications?
The closing date for applications for a scholarship in the 2020 postdoctoral programme is 1 October 2019.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.daimler-benz-stiftung.de > Postdoctoral Scholarships