Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- funding is available for a master's degree or PhD
- above-average academic track record, broad general education and a keen interest in political affairs
- positive basic attitude towards democracy and human rights
- involvement in voluntary activities
- good command of German (B2)
- maximum age: 30
- for candidates applying from abroad: applications can be submitted in 2019 via the international offices of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung in Hong Kong, Belgrade, Warsaw and Vilnius
- international applicants already in Germany can apply directly to the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung by 15 July
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- students on master's or postgraduate degree programmes: 850 euros per month for two years
- doctoral students: 1,200 euros per month for three years
- additional allowances and subsidies
- non-material support: seminars, supervision from experts, lecturers and university groups
When is the closing date for applications?
The closing date for applications from candidates already in Germany is always on 15 July of each year. The local websites provide information about the closing dates for applications in the countries mentioned above.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
(The information for 2019 has not yet been updated.)