Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- convincing research project
- social and liberal-minded problem awareness and engagement
- funding is not provided for doctoral students in the fields of human medicine and dentistry, or for postdoctoral programmes, postgraduate courses or PhDs in the final phase
- a knowledge of German is essential
- law students are not permitted to interrupt their PhD to do their legal clerkship
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- basic stipend for international doctoral students: 1,200 euros per month
- duration of funding: scholarships are initially approved for a period of one year, upon application, they can be extended twice, each time for a further year
- academic and personal support throughout the doctoral programme
- workshops, training courses and seminars are provided in academic and competence-based areas
When is the closing date for applications?
The next closing date for applications is 30 April 2019.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.freiheit.org > Promotionsförderung (only in German)