This article was published in our October 2018 newsletter. Sign up here.
Fellows carry out a research project (6-24 months) of their own choice in cooperation with an academic host at a research institution in Germany.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- a doctorate or comparable academic degree (PhD, C.Sc. or equivalent), completed not more than four years previously
- academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and/or by publishing houses
- an academic host at a research institution in Germany must confirm that research facilities are available and a mentoring agreement is in place, and must provide a detailed expert's report
- researchers in the humanities, social sciences and medicine must have a good knowledge of German where this is necessary for the successful completion of their research project; otherwise a good knowledge of English is required
What form does funding take?
The main fellowship benefits are as follows:
- the fellowship is worth 2,650 euros per month
- the fellowship includes a mobility allowance and a contribution towards health and liability insurance
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications can be submitted online at any time.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.humboldt-foundation.de > Humboldt Research Fellowship for Postdoctoral Researchers