This article was published in our October 2018 newsletter. Sign up here.
Are you doing a PhD or research at a university or research institution in Germany, or have a German PhD and are conducting postdoctoral research at a research institution abroad?
The Christiane Nüsslein-Volhard-Foundation offers one year of financial support to reduce the amount of time spent on household chores and childcare and increase the time available for scientific research.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- an outstanding scientific project in the experimental natural sciences or basic medical research
- the living expenses of the applicant and her family must already be covered
- the applicant must work full-time for the duration of the funding period; full-time childcare for her child/children must already be arranged and the costs of this childcare covered
What form does funding take?
The main benefits are as follows:
- the funding amounts to 400 euros per month for a period of one year
- in justified cases, funding may be extended by a maximum of one year
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications can be submitted until 30 November.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.cnv-stiftung.de > Applying