This article was published in our November 2018 newsletter. Sign up here.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- young leaders from a non-European developing country or emerging economy are eligible to apply
- applicants should be working on climate change issues relating to the natural or engineering sciences, law, economics, healthcare or social studies
- their first university degree must not have been obtained more than twelve years previously
- mentoring agreement from a host in Germany
What form does funding take?
The main fellowship benefits are as follows:
- monthly stipend of between 2,150 and 2,650 euros, depending on qualifications/degree
- additional financial support, e.g. for accompanying family members or to cover travel expenses or a German course
- individual support
- funding duration: one year
When is the closing date for applications?
The closing date for applications is 1 March 2019.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.humboldt-foundation.de > International Climate Protection Fellowship