This article was published in our November 2018 newsletter. Sign up here.
With an excellent higher education system, Germany has a lot to offer international doctoral students – and the DAAD helps talented researchers to pursue their projects. DAAD research grants are made available to university graduates in all disciplines. Information about the terms and conditions, and about application deadlines, can be found in the DAAD’s scholarship database.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- highly qualified university graduates in all scientific fields, as well as in music, fine art, performance art and architecture are eligible to apply
- graduates should have completed their final degree examination no longer than six years previously; doctoral students should have begun their PhD no longer than three years previously
What form does funding take?
The main benefits are as follows:
- monthly grant of 850 euros for graduates and 1,200 euros for doctoral students
- travel costs, as well as health, accident and personal liability insurance
- duration of funding: from one month (Research Grants – Short-Term Grants) or one year (Research Grants – One Year Grants) up to four years (Research Grants – Doctoral Programmes in Germany); the funding programmes on offer may vary from country to country
When is the closing date for applications?
The closing dates for applications depend on your country of origin.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.daad.de > Scholarship Database