"This article was published in our May 2018 newsletter". Sign up here.
Among other things, the scholarship provides funding for summer schools and master’s and doctoral theses. The foundations of Bayer, a life sciences group, are active in the general fields of healthcare, education, top-class research and social engagement.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- applications are invited from students from abroad wishing to pursue research projects or a PhD programme in Germany
- other projects that may be eligible for funding are special degree courses, laboratory work, summer schools, internships and master’s programmes
- applications are also invited from students and young professionals from Germany who wish to work on a project abroad
- written confirmation from the host institution concerning the planned project in the period September 2018 to August 2019
- disciplines: agricultural sciences and agricultural economics, digital farming, pest management, seed and green biotechnology and environmental sciences, and agricultural sustainability in the agricultural sciences
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- the scholarship can be used to fund selected courses, summer schools, internships, master’s and doctoral theses, among other things
- the exact funding amount is determined on a case-by-case basis
- funding is provided for a period of two to twelve months
When is the closing date for applications?
The next round of applications begins on 1 June and ends on 18 July 2018.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: