"This article was published in our March 2018 newsletter". Sign up here.
The foundation is committed to the preservation of outstanding buildings in Germany, especially those dating from the period 1945-1980.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- the PhD relates to one of the following disciplines: architecture, urban development, cultural heritage preservation and education, art and cultural science or the social sciences
- the research project is concerned with German post-war modernist buildings, ensembles or open space design – relating either to their creation, aesthetics and significance or to issues around their restoration
- the university degree required for a PhD must have been completed by the age of 30
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- a basic stipend of 1,400 euros per month is paid, as is an additional allowance of 150 euros to cover material costs plus a family allowance
- funding is provided for a period of two years and can be extended by twelve months upon application
- annual colloquia give scholarship holders the opportunity to present and discuss their research work
When is the closing date for applications?
The next closing date for applications is 1 May 2018.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
https://www.wuestenrot-stiftung.de > Promotionsstipendien (only in German)