"This article was published in our March 2018 newsletter". Sign up here.
Then apply to take part in a Falling Walls Lab. The events are organised by the Falling Walls Foundation in Berlin, whose sponsors include Germany’s Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Robert Bosch Stiftung and the DAAD.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- applicants with a bachelor’s degree should not have acquired this qualification more than ten years prior to application
- applicants with a master’s degree should not have acquired this qualification more than seven years prior to application
- applicants with a PhD should not have acquired this qualification more than five years prior to application
- applications are also welcome from postdocs and students
- all disciplines are welcome
What form does funding take?
The main benefits are as follows:
- the national winners are given the opportunity to take part in the Falling Walls Conference in Berlin that takes place on 9 November each year to mark the anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall; travel expenses will be covered
When is the closing date for applications?
The next closing dates for applications are:
- 16 March 2018 for Austria
- 25 March for Kyrgyzstan
- 8 April for Lithuania, Palestine and Slovakia
- 9 April for Japan
- 2 May for Belarus
- 15 June for Germany and Tunisia
Further locations will be added over the course of the next weeks and months: www.falling-walls.com > International Falling Walls Labs 2018
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: