This article was published in our July 2018 newsletter. Sign up here.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- main place of work and residence outside Germany
- PhD obtained not longer than twelve years previously
- independent academic activity, e.g. as assistant professor
- comprehensive list of publications documenting an independent research profile
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- financial support of 3,150 euros per month plus language course, family allowances and travel allowance
- funding duration: six to 18 months; the fellowship can be split over a maximum of three stays within three years
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications can be submitted at any time.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: