This article was published in our August 2018 newsletter. Sign up here.
Then apply for a PhD fellowship from the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds. The application process is highly competitive, and the funding – both financial and non-material – is extensive.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- an ambitious scientific PhD project in the area of basic biomedical research
- outstanding achievements and scientific quality of the PhD project and laboratory
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- monthly stipend to cover living expenses, as well as funding for participation in international scientific congresses and practical courses
- personal support, seminars at which to present and discuss the scientific projects, communication training courses
- maximum funding duration: three years
When is the closing date for applications?
The next closing date for applications is 1 October 2018.