"This article was published in our September 2017 newsletter". Sign up here.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- PhD completed not more than four years ago
- academic publications in journals and publications that are peer-reviewed in line with international standards
- choice of a research project of high relevance to the further development of the applicant’s country or region of origin
- confirmation of a research place and mentoring agreement at a host research institution in Germany
- language skills: natural and engineering sciences: good command of German or English; humanities and social sciences and medicine: good command of German to the extent that this is necessary for the successful pursuit of the research, and otherwise a good command of English
- citizenship and main place of residence and work in a developing country or emerging economy (apart from PR China and India)
What form does funding take?
The fellowship provides for a monthly stipend of 2,650 euros. This includes a mobility allowance and a contribution towards health and personal liability insurance. The fellowship also encompasses intensive language courses in Germany. Further benefits are available on application, such as travel cost allowances or allowances for accompanying family members.
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications can be submitted at any time.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.humboldt-foundation.de > Georg Forster Fellowships