"This article was published in our October 2017 newsletter". Sign up here.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- outstanding scientific track record
- the subject of the research should be relevant to the fields of the Helmholtz Association
- the applicant must have already cooperated with a Helmholtz Centre
- the nomination must make it clear how the award will further deepen this cooperation
- the nomination of female researchers is particularly welcomed
What form does funding take?
The Helmholtz International Fellow Award provides funding of 20,000 euros. The money can be used to finance one or more research stays at Helmholtz Centres in Germany. The idea is for Helmholtz International Fellows to promote networking and cooperation with their country of origin and the respective institution there.
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications can be submitted at any time and are processed twice per year. Applications that are received by 24 October 2017 will be considered in the next selection meeting on 5 December 2017.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.helmholtz.de > Helmholtz International Fellow Award