"This article was published in our November 2017 newsletter". Sign up here.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- Citizenship of a non-European emerging economy or developing country. Applicants should also have their main residence and employment in an emerging or developing country
- their first university degree should not have been obtained more than twelve years before the closing date for applications
- at least 48 months of work experience at the time of application or a completed doctorate relating to the subject of climate protection or climate-relevant resource protection
- evidence of leadership skills
- applicants with a PhD must provide evidence of academic publications in journals and the like that correspond to international standards
- expert statement and mentoring agreement from a host in Germany
- evidence of a very good command of English and/or German
What form does funding take?
The fellowship comprises financial support and a programme relating to the subject of climate protection and is made available for one year. Depending on qualifications, a basic monthly stipend of between 2,150 euros and 2,450 euros is paid. Programme events help fellows to meet and form networks.
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications can be submitted from now until 1 March 2018.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.humboldt-foundation.de > International Climate Protection Fellowship