This article was published in our March 2017 newsletter. Sign up here.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- PhD completed before the start of funding
- free choice of country for the research phase abroad, providing that the candidate did not spend a total of more than twelve months there in the previous three years
- agreement of host institutions in Germany and abroad
- confirmation from the German host that it is willing to employ the postdoctoral researcher for the entire funding period if funding is approved
What form does funding take?
- total funding period of 18 months
- twelve months spent abroad
- six months spent in Germany
- basic salary and international allowance, plus travel allowance for the researcher, spouse/partner and children
- invitation to attend an orientation seminar before programme begins
When is the closing date for applications?
The closing date for applications is 15 May 2017. Funding begins on 1 January 2018.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.daad.de> Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience