Doctoral scholarships from the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung
"This article was published in our June 2017 newsletter". Sign up here.
- © Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung
Are you a young researcher working on your PhD? Have you achieved above-average results in your academic career to date? Can you provide evidence of your social commitment? Then apply for a doctoral scholarship from the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS), which is open to young researchers of any nationality and in all disciplines. The KAS is closely affiliated with the CDU (Christian Democratic Union of Germany) political party.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- above-average school and university exam results
- degree entitling holder to pursue a doctoral programme, acquired not more than five years previously
- identification with the values, political content and themes upheld by the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung
- involvement in voluntary work
- desire to enter into an exchange with other linguistic and cultural groups
What form does funding take?
The KAS awards full scholarships that not only provide financial support but also involve a comprehensive non-material support programme. Scholarships are granted out of funding provided by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). A scholarship amounts to 1,350 euros per month. As a rule, a research allowance of 100 euros per month is additionally granted. Travel and child allowances will also be granted if the applicable requirements are met. Furthermore, an extensive programme of support, seminars and workshops is provided.
When is the closing date for applications?
The next closing date for applications is 15 July 2017 and applications are now invited.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.kas.de > Promotion (only in German)