"This article was published in our July 2017 newsletter". Sign up here.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- completed university degree
- a qualification, obtained not more than five years previously, giving entitlement to pursue a PhD
- admission to a PhD programme at a state or state-recognised university in Germany, Switzerland or other EU country
- social commitment, ambition, social competence, well-founded general education, joined-up thinking and communication skills
What form does funding take?
The scholarship payable to doctoral researchers depends on their income situation. In addition to the scholarship, a non-means-tested research allowance is provided. Under certain circumstances a family allowance is also paid.
- Scholarship (maximum amount granted): 1,350 euros per month
- Research allowance: 100 euros per month
Under certain circumstances, a childcare allowance of 155 euros per month for the first child and 50 euros per month for each additional child is paid. Funding is provided for a maximum of three years.
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications can be submitted from now until 1 September 2017. Later application dates will be published on www.sdw.org (only in German).
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.sdw.org > Studienförderwerk Klaus Murmann