This article was published in our newsletter. Sign up here.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- admittance to a doctoral programme at a German university
- first degree normally completed not more than three years previously
- dissertation project that is unusually academically demanding and innovative
- well above average commitment and performance in first degree
- letter of support from supervisor
What form does funding take?
The scholarship comprises both non-material and financial support. As well as providing doctoral students with individual advice and special events, it also includes summer academies and language courses, short conferences and professional orientation seminars. In addition, scholarship holders receive a monthly stipend of 1,350 euros and a monthly research allowance of 100 euros. Funding is initially provided for a period of two years. Applications for extensions can be submitted. The maximum funding period is 36 months (or up to 48 months for scholarship holders with a child).
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications can be submitted at any time.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.studienstiftung.de > Förderung für Doktoranden (only in German)