This article was published in our newsletter. Sign up here.
Are you a young climate expert from a developing country? Would you like to conduct a scientific project in Germany? Are you interested in developing long-term collaborations? Then apply to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation for a Climate Protection Fellowship! The fellowships allow future leaders to spend a year in Germany working on a research-based project of their own choice in the field of climate protection and climate-related resource conservation. Fellows are free to choose their host scientific institution or university.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- citizenship of and main residence and employment in a non-European threshold or developing country
- research work relevant to scientific, engineering-based, legal, economic, health-related or social aspects of climate change
- above-average university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic qualification), completed not more than twelve years before the closing date for applications
- leadership skills, demonstrated by initial experience in leadership positions or appropriate references
- work experience (at least 48 months at the time of application) or a successfully completed doctorate in the field of climate protection
- statement, including mentoring agreement, from a host scientific institution or university in Germany
What form does funding take?
The main fellowship benefits are as follows:
- fellowship amount, depending on qualifications, of between 2,150 and 2,650 euros per month
- one- to two-month intensive language course in Germany
- lump sum for travel expenses
- allowances for accompanying family members
- allowance for the host scientific institution or university in Germany of 800 euros per month for projects in the natural and engineering sciences and of 500 euros for projects in the humanities and social sciences
When is the closing date for applications?
The closing date for applications is 1 March 2017. Up to 20 International Climate Protection Fellowships are awarded each year.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.humboldt-foundation.de > International Climate Protection Fellowship