This article was published in our newsletter. Sign up here.
Are you currently doing a PhD and are involved at the same time in voluntary social activities? Do you like to take responsibility? Then apply for a scholarship from the Klaus Murmann Fellowship Programme of the Foundation of German Business (only in German). The programme provides financial support for doctoral researchers in all disciplines. Young researchers from Germany and abroad may be eligible for funding.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- completed university degree
- a qualification, obtained not more than five years previously, giving entitlement to pursue a PhD
- admission to a PhD programme at a state or state-recognised university in Germany, Switzerland or other EU country
- social commitment, ambition, social competence, well-founded general education, joined-up thinking and communication skills
What form does funding take?
The scholarship payable to doctoral researchers depends on their income situation. In addition to the scholarship, a non-means-tested research allowance is provided. Under certain circumstances a family allowance is also paid.
- Scholarship (maximum amount granted): 1,150 euros per month
- Research allowance: 100 euros per month
- Family allowance: 155 euros per month
Under certain circumstances, a childcare allowance of 155 euros per month for the first child and 50 euros per month for each additional child is paid, up to a maximum amount of 255 euros per month. Funding is provided for a maximum of three years.
When is the closing date for applications?
The next closing date for applications is 1 September 2016.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.sdw.de (only in German)