This article was published in our newsletter. Sign up here.
Who can apply?
Applications can be submitted by young female postdoctoral researchers. The requirements for applicants include the following:
- far above-average academic achievements
- an outstanding PhD
- international publications in relevant journals
- proven independent research
- invitations to give papers at academic conferences
- experience in acquiring and running projects funded by third parties
- PhD completed between two and six years ago (discounting maternity leave and the like)
- extended periods of research at leading institutions abroad
- desire to pursue an academic career
- convincing explanation of motivation for participation in the interdisciplinary Fast Track programme
- excellent command of English
What form does funding take?
At the heart of the programme is a series of four seminars, each of which builds upon the last, during the course of which scholarship holders acquire career-relevant social and leadership skills. They enhance their assertiveness and leadership qualities, polish their image and fine-tune their negotiation skills.
A further objective is to design individual career blueprints in dialogue with leading scientists, politicians and business and media representatives. The seminars each last for three to four days.
In addition, participants receive an allowance of 2,400 euros over two years (100 euros per month).
When is the closing date for applications?
The next closing date for applications is 1 March 2016.