This article was published in our newsletter. Sign up here.
Are you a doctoral student or young researcher from abroad? Would you like to pursue a research project in Germany? Then apply for a short-term grant from the German Academic Exchange Service.
Who can apply?
- Very highly qualified doctoral students and young researchers who have completed a master’s degree or Diplom, or in exceptional cases a bachelor’s degree, at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research, or those who have already completed a PhD (postdocs)
- The research project or course of continuing education must be pursued at a German higher education institution or non-university research institute and supervised by an academic advisor in Germany
- Additional criteria depend on the country of origin of the applicant (see “More information” below)
What form does funding take?
- Monthly grant of 1,000 euros
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless such expenses are covered by the grant-holder’s home country or other party
- Funding is provided for a period of between one and six months
When is the closing date for applications?
The closing date for applications varies from country to country.