Are you a young scientist working on your master’s or doctoral thesis? Or perhaps you are a postdoc writing your final thesis in the sciences? Besides material support, you are looking for experts who will be on hand to answer technical questions, give you insights into practical applications and put you in touch with valuable professional contacts? Then apply for an Evonik Scholarship. Through its scholarships, the Evonik Foundation provides young scientists with material and non-material support. Applications are welcome from young researchers of all nationalities. Scholarships are awarded only within the framework of the annual scholarship focus. The scholarship focus for 2017 will be announced on 1 January 2017.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- research subject must tie in with the year’s thematic scholarship focus
- scientific research pursued in a renowned working group with a chemistry focus at a German university or non-university research institution
- outstanding academic track record
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- diploma and master’s theses: six months, 250-600 euros per month
- doctoral programmes: two years (option to extend), 1,400 euros per month
- additional applications can be made for funding to purchase specialist literature and to attend scientific conferences
- postdoctoral studies: one year’s funding is decided on a case-by-case basis
Each scholarship holder is assigned an advisor to answer technical questions, offer insights into practical applications and put them in touch with valuable professional contacts.
When is the closing date for applications?
The closing date for applications is 28 February 2017.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.evonik-stiftung.de > Evonik Scholarships