This article was published in our newsletter. Sign up here.
Are you a young scientist engaged in the field of environmental and sustainability research? Would you like to gain access to first-class research facilities in Germany? Are you interested in sharing ideas and opinions with leading researchers in your field? Then apply to the “Green Talents Competition 2016”, a Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) programme which promotes 25 young scientists each year in the field of environmental and sustainability research.
Who can apply?
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Their academic focus is on sustainable development and their work follows an interdisciplinary approach.
- They are enrolled in a Master’s degree programme or are in possession of a higher-level university degree.
- They have achieved above-average grades and have a very good command of English.
- They are enrolled in a Master’s or PhD programme or have completed an equivalent programme in the three years prior to the closing date for applications.
- They do not have German citizenship nor are they resident in Germany.
Science Forum in Germany
The winners of the competition are invited to a “Green Talents Science Forum”. During this roughly two-week science tour of Germany, they will be given access to top-class German environmental and sustainability research facilities and have the chance to share ideas and opinions with experts of their choice. They also have the opportunity to spend three months conducting research at a research facility of their choice in 2017. The Science Forum visit and the research period are funded by the BMBF.
When is the closing date for applications?
The next closing date for applications is expected to be 24 May 2016.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: