This article was published in our newsletter. Sign up here.
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- Applicants must be eligible to pursue a doctoral degree at German universities.
- They should have an above-average university degree.
- The doctoral thesis must be concerned with the environmental situation in Germany or with global environmental challenges that are relevant to Germany.
What form does funding take?
- A basic grant of 1,500 euros per month is provided.
- In addition, a lump sum of 210 euros per month is paid to cover material and travel costs.
- In exceptional cases, a further grant towards material costs can be applied for.
- Further support is available upon request for fellowship holders with children.
The doctoral students are supervised by the DBU throughout the fellowship period, with experienced supervisors on hand to support them. The DBU organizes one-week seminars at which its fellows can present their research subject and findings. This ensures a lively exchange between representatives of all kinds of different disciplines.
When is the closing date for applications?
Up to 60 new dissertation fellowships are awarded each year. The next closing date for applications is 15 June 2016.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.dbu.de > Scholarship Programmes